Friday, February 22, 2013

Bombs away!!

Well, hell week was last week. And here's the fallout:

History wasn't so bad. I had a quiz over federalists vs anti-federalists, and I got a 90 on that, we had our first test two days later and I got a 90 on that also. I really like this class so far.

I had an online test for my computer class that was just one big cluster. You're only allowed to get into this website that we do our grades on with Internet Explorer. So, I get into my test and take the first half which is just multiple choice questions and I go to to open the other half and... I get an error. I try to fix it, no dice. I get online with my brother who is a computer guy by trade and he can't fix it... Damn!

I think, "Hey, I've got my work computer!". I grab that and get it running and online. Go to the website... error. DAMN DAMN!

I think, well, the school is open, let's see what I can do there. I get there and the only part of the campus that's open is the public library. Get a pass and get on a computer, ERROR. WTF!

FINALLY I go to a friend's house and get on his computer and I figured out what my problem was. I was using Explorer 64-bit which doesn't work for this type of whatever it is that I use to take the test.

So, short story long, I got an 82 on that test.

Now, the elephant in the classroom... Algebra. I don't feel bad about the bomb of a grade I got, because I think I did about the class average on this one. I got such a bad grade, that I'm going back on my promise of full disclosure with whoever decides to read this. Suffice to say it's pretty close to my age. I'm also pretty sure that nobody in my class passed the test.

I did notice this week when we were in class that FIVE people did not show up. Almost positive they dropped.

But a good thing did come out of this. I think that the teacher realized he was doing something wrong and worked more examples, spoke a little slower, and asked US more questions than he has been before. Apparently one girl in my class (who looks like a tough cookie, pretty sure she could kick my ass if she had to) told the teacher before class, "You need to slow the hell down and explain things better." Looks like he listened.

As far as my grade in that class goes, I'm not incredibly worried about it. If I can grasp the new concepts (which I have been) I'll do fine. He is allowing us to use the grade on our final exam as a replacement for our lowest test grade. I had forgotten all about that but when he told us that in class the other day, I almost passed out from relief.

Life is rough right now. I have a ton of things going on at work, and the hours take a toll on me. Going home everyday and seeing my kid laugh and clap her hands when I walk through the door makes it all worth it. I'm thankful to her for making me get off my ass and do this with my life. She makes all my long days and nights worth it. It's her birthday this weekend and I'm looking forward to our little party and having some fun.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. A very useful post indeed!! And yeah it has come from the horse's mouth...can see apart from talent of course unconditional involvement,immense passion and perseverance has made you what you are today

    Cccam Server
    Cardsharing

    ReplyDelete